Monday, January 22, 2018

The Pop Song

This writer is passionate about a lot of things. Science fiction film, film and television in general and music. In fact, music may be my greatest passion. My attempt here is to offer you in brief the music discoveries of my life. Time is of the essence and with these limitations I hope to make this fun.

Each post will feature an image from my iPhone offering you a shot of the actual song that inspired me to write on that day. And like the pop song itself these posts are intended to be short and sweet.

I'll have a bit of fun grading these songs and their respective full-length recordings but at the end of the day these things are entirely meaningless when it comes to music. It is a completely subjective experience. There is no denying that.

You will also find I am all over the map musically from the 1970s to the present with a heavy and loyal emphasis on artists from the 1980s. I'm extremely loyal to that era.

Inspired by the likes of Casey Kasem from my childhood, please enjoy the passion for these pop songs in written form here at The Pop Song blog.

No matter how you slice it these little nuggets, irrespective of genre, are indeed great pop songs. Turn up the volume!

No comments:

Post a Comment